Well life is feeling like it’s starting to get back to the new normal doesn’t it! I don’t think things will ever be the same again, but you know what, that’s not such a bad thing.
As I’ve mentioned in other posts, no matter how much we say we are doing ok, make sure that you look after you.
If you are anything like me, you spend the majority of your time making sure everything is ok with everyone else. What COVID has taught me though, is to look after myself first. It goes back to the safety announcement on a plane. If you don’t put your oxygen mask on first, forget about saving anyone else!
So here are five simple tips to help you check in and ensure you have a healthy mind and body.
- Ask yourself how you are feeling each day, both from a mental and physical perspective
- Figure out what’s using all your brainpower and taking up your headspace, and decide whether that’s a good or bad thing
- Are you eating properly, and when was the last time you ate a whole meal that was enjoyable?
- How are your energy levels, do you feel tired or do you have a renewed lease of life?
- And based on all of this, what’s the one thing that you are going to engage in and do differently to help you be more mindful, and ultimately be healthier on both the inside and out!
Some of the questions above are hard to answer, but if you take the time to really think about them, then maybe the answer to number five will come easier.